Anna M Painter
In October of 1947, the Maryville Branch of the American Association of University Women started raising money for a graduate loan fund, the purpose being to encourage graduate study among women. Most of the original funds were from donations by women alumni of Northwest. Money was also left to the branch by the will of Dr. Anna M. Painter (professor of English at Northwest for many years) after the fund had been named in her honor. The first loan was made in 1951. The fund was replenished and available for addtional loans as previous loans were repaid. In 1981, because of the increase in interest rates and an additional contribution from the Branch, the loan was changed to a graduate scholarship for women.
Scholarships associated with Anna M Painter